Apples are extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber. The phytonutrients and antioxidants in apples may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves (about 1 cup)
- 1 green apple, peeled and cored
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of ice cubes (about 5)
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tbsp)
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) of maple syrup or honey
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) of Ultrafiltered Milk
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) of chia, flax, or hemp seeds
- 5 mL (1 tsp) of powdered matcha tea
- Add all the ingredients to a blender. Blend until super smooth. Divide between two serving glasses, and serve immediately.
For an ombre effect
Add the banana, spinach, green apple, avocado, ice cubes, lime juice, maple syrup, seeds, matcha tea to a blender. Add 125 mL (1/2 cup) of the Ultrafiltered Milk, and blend until super smooth. Divide a third of the smoothie between two tall glasses. Add 125 mL (1/2 cup) of the milk to the blender and blend to combine. Divide half of the smoothie between the two serving glasses. Add the remaining Ultrafiltered Milk to the blender, and blend to combine. Top up the serving glasses with the remaining smoothie. Serve immediately.